Our Far North itinerary Includes visiting Hannifaru Bay, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve famous for manta ray encounters. Northern atolls are famous for their unique topography, schooling reef fish, and coral life. If manta rays are your number one priority make sure you book one of our far north cruises so you can enjoy swimming surrounded by plentiful of these giants.
Male - Baa - Raa - Male*
(no domestic flights required)
- the trip starts with a 10 hrs crossing to Baa atoll - UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- two full days anchored in Hannifaru Bay area - the biggest congregation of manta rays in the world.
- during the day we are monitoring manta presence with local rangers. When mantas show up we are allowed to enter the bay by our dive dhoni for 1hr guided snorkeling with mantas (diving forbidden since 2012). This excursion can be repeated multiple times by dinghy.
- besides Hannifaru Bay, the area offers shallow manta cleaning stations accessible both for divers and snorkelers
- famous Dhonfanu Thila and Dharavandhoo Thila (underwater mountains), both rich in macro reef life, often visited by eagle rays, turtles, jacks, and napoleons
- two full days in Raa Atoll - known for its countless pinnacles, dense reef life, colorful soft corals, giant hard coral blocks, and very distinct topography – overhangs, split rocks and canyons creating underwater labyrinths
- this itinerary does not offer channel dives, but there might be pinnacle dives with strong currents where pelagic animals can be encountered
- on the way back we stop for 1 more day Hanifaru Area, before crossing back to Male Atoll on Friday
* For inquiries and to make a reservation contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org