Our COVID19 Response
At Scubaspa, the health and well-being of our guests and staff is our top priority. In order to ensure a clean, hygienic environment, we follow COVID-19 guidelines from the Health Protection Agency and the Ministry of Tourism for the Maldives. We want our guests to feel at ease in everything they do during their stay with us, which is why we've implemented additional diving safety measures as outlined by PADI and the Divers Alert Network.
While we're thoughtful and meticulous in our approach, we're also focused on making these changes without altering your vacation experience.
Protecting Our Vessels and Staff
Prevention is key to our efforts. We start by monitoring our staff's health, taking their temperatures daily. We also ensure appropriate procedures are in place for limiting contact between staff and our suppliers. In fact, our personnel are trained on COVID-19 risk reduction for all aspects of our operations, including proper hygiene and interactions with guests.
Protecting Our Valued Guests
Though we remain conscientious and vigilant at all times, as a guest, you'll still enjoy a relaxed atmosphere onboard our unique liveaboards. You can feel confident we're taking proper measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission while ensuring you get the top-notch hospitality you expect. Below are a few ways we're working to protect you during the duration of your stay with us.
By Implementing Advanced Cleaning Regimens, Such As:
- Strict disinfection procedures
- Extra cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as bathrooms, countertops, water dispensers, door handles, cabin keys, railings, and other frequently touched surfaces
- More frequent sanitizing of tables, chairs, and hard surfaces in our restaurant and bar area
- Upgraded procedures for preparing a room for guest arrival
By Making Social Distancing Easier With:
- Well-ventilated, open common space in our restaurant with plenty of air flow and room to spread out
- Fewer guests on each cruise, ensuring less-crowded common spaces
- Staff training and protocols for managing suspected COVID-19 patients and high-risk contacts
- Designated rooms for isolation and quarantine if necessary
By Providing Well-Being Resources Such As:
- Hand sanitizer in all common areas
- Infrared (non-contact) thermometer available at all times
New Diving Procedures
As part of our COVID-19 health and hygiene efforts, we've taken a number of steps to ensure enhanced protection for our guests during their dives. These measures include the following:
- Staff are trained to fully comply with new PADI standards for training and conducting dives.
- Pre-dive mask rinse buckets will not be used.
- No exchange of equipment between divers during the cruise will be allowed.
- We encourage divers to bring their own equipment. However, we can still provide it for guests and it will be disinfected per PADI and DAN instructions.
- Spitting in masks will be discouraged and for rental masks prohibited. Anti-fog liquids will be available.
For the latest updates and requirements regarding traveling to the Maldives please visit Frequently Asked Questions on the Maldives Health Ministry website.